Sunday, September 18, 2011

Souricide??

Yep, we have a mice problem. Gross. Yuck. Disgusting. Unsanitary. Eww. Etc, etc.

So, now there are these little boxes all over the 6th floor (my floor). From what I understand, they are filled with poison.

Side note: The femme de ménage who lives next door to me was telling me about the marie having a professional put down the poison. She repeated the word "poison" like 8 (EIGHT!!) times to make sure I understood. *Eye contact* "poison" *INTENSE eye contact* "POISON" *more eye contact* "PPOOIISSOONN" ... "Tu comprends??" - Yeah lady, I understand. It's the same word in English. That is why I told you yeah, I get it. Sure. poison. Yeah. Uh huh. (Not to even mention the numerous times teachers made us repeat poison and poisson in school so that we wouldn't accidentally order poison instead of fish)


So all these little boxes say "SOURICIDE" on them. I find it amusing since it is a combination of the words "souris" (which means "mouse") and "suicide". So I guess we have to leave the little boxes for about 5 weeks. 1 down ... 4 more to go. Joy.


Peace

No comments: