Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Teacher AND the Student

So, school started, work started and my internship started. I'm a busy girl. Here's a rundown of my oh-so-exciting life at the moment. Monday: School, then internship. Tuesday: Teach all day, then internship. Wednesday: Sleep. Thursday: Teach, then school all day. Friday: Teach - but I'm off at 13h30 so I can start my weekend then. Yay!!

And since we all love pictures:

The hallway at one of my universities. (La Sorbonne) It feels like Harvard!

The courtyard of La Sorbonne - I am still in shock that this is a school.

Don't all schools have benches in front of murals in the hallway of the courtyard?

This is on the way to my school. It is on campus and that building all the way down the pathway is the Teacher's Lounge.

Go through the doors on the right and it will lead you to the campus of Lycée Lakanal.

The Parc and Château right behind my school.

This is a 'typical' lunch from a high school cafeteria in France. It wasn't 5-star, but it was DEFINITELY better than a lunch from a US high school. (PS. I did NOT eat the sausage thing).

This is one of my classrooms at the high school. It is typical here to switch classrooms regularly, so there isn't much on the walls in any of the classrooms.

That's the view towards the front. Every classroom has a platform thing for the teacher to stand on - just so that the kids remember who is in charge. :)

That's the view from the above classroom - It is the rest of the high school.
That's about it. I'll try to post most regularly since I keep getting lots of questions about it all, but for now I have to go shower and do homework. Gotta be in Sceaux by 9am ... and I am NOT a morning person.


Peace

No comments: